Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Loading Bthprops.cpl Access Is Denied

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Calsatch

Calsatch

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hi
RUNDLL
Error loading bthprops.cpl Acess is denied
Recently I have found the above pop up warning on my computer and found that I also cannot access shell32.dll
Cannot uninstall programs by the Programme Manager.
I use Comodo Firewall and AVG 8.0 Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
Firefox Browser.
System is Windows XL Service Pack 3

I cannot access any bluetooth controls either.

I have not yet installed "Hijack this"

I'm looking for advice on how to return my computer back to normal.

Thanks

Cal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:31 PM

Hello sorry for the wait ,been busy here. If you still need help,please do ths...

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Calsatch

Calsatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

Hi
thanks for reply, unfortunately only partially successful, I too have been away from home.

The following now/ or still occurs:- RUNDLL cannot access:_ cnmvs7l.dll and bthprops.cpl

However two items of Malware were removed log is posted below.

I have now read "preparation guide for use before posting a Hijackthis Log, should I follow that through and post again?

I also loaded Stopzilla & REgistrybooster2 but these programmes are not quite what I want I think! However I am unable to uninstall them both have loaded themselves in the in tray. (at the end of the tool bar) I think I'd be better without them.

Would be interesting to know which AntiVirus/Spyware is the most effective as the procedure above (preparation guide..etc.) uses Kasleprsky.

Thanks

Cal

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.22
Database version: 982
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

14:08:25 23/07/2008
mbam-log-7-23-2008 (14-08-25).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 41169
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\unicows.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

Please update,scan again. Post a new log. I would like to be sure all the malware is removed then we 'll fix that error.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Calsatch

Calsatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi
Did update and ran the program no malware detected, can post the log tomorrow if required. Thanks Cal

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

See if this takes care of that dll error..

Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click HEREif you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

Thanks to Quietman7 for the fix writeup

#7 Calsatch

Calsatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hi
Thanks
am running Autoruns at the moment after unzipping to the new folder as suggested, the weather has been too good for sitting at the computer! Cal

#8 Calsatch

Calsatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Hi
Confirm the bthprops.cpl warning message does not appear on rebooting.
That would seem to have fixed that issue, thanks.
Still have a problem: Warning comes up Unable to access shell32 when trying to remove programmes via the Control Panel, any suggestions?
Seems like I need to speed up my booting up as it's taking for ever to get fired up, will check what there might be already in the Bleeping computer Forums.
Once again thanks Cal

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Hi again ask those 2 questions in the XP forum at the top. I think you need to run SFC scannow. But one of the BCers there will help you fix that.

#10 Calsatch

Calsatch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hi
Thanks am running SFC /scannow and will post under XP Thread later thanks Cal

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users