Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:07 AM
As the title saids, my computer freezes randomly when I play games.
With games I don't mean any with low requirements.
More like Crysis or TimeShift.
As I see it, it's a hardware problem, but I'm not sure about this though.
I'll try to give as much information as possible:
- My computer freezes completely, nothing can be done except for switching it off or using the reset button.
- When it happens, there's an annoying continuous sound. Most likely the music of the game that is freezing.
- It happens randomly. Some days it doesn't happen and other days it happens twice in a row.
- I have no warnings or clue's for whenever it will happen.
- As I said, I only encounter this when I play games with medium to high requirements.
- Reinstalling the game(s) doesn't work.
- After reinstalling my computer to solve other problems it still continued to happen.
- When I bought my computer it didn't occur, only a few weeks after. (with the same games)
This is what I have (and it shouldn't cause any trouble).
AMD Sempron Processor
Clockspeed: 2.10GHz, 3,25GB
Extension of fysical adress (I'm not sure if this is correct, I litterly translated)
I also use an external harddrive where the games and other stuff are installed and I'm not sure if I had this harddrive before or after it started to happen.
I hope you have enough information.
Hell was too full so I came back.