Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Install A4tech 635m

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhanzky

jhanzky

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Hi bleeping computer! :thumbsup:

First, Thanks for reading this! ^_^ so here it goes, I'm using Windows XP sp2, i have reformatted my PC and now i can't install my a4tech 635M Web Cam, when i try to install it, a dialog pops up, it says " The software you are trying to install for this hardware: A4TECH PC Camera H .Has not passed Windows Logo Testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. blah blah blah..." then i click continue anyway.. here ,, i insert the CD witch come along with the cam. then i dialog pops up again.. it says "Please insert the Compact disc labeled 'Look 316S Driver installation Driver Disk...' into your CD rom drive (F) and then click OK" when i click OK, another dialog box pops.. it says "The file 'usbVM303.sys' on Look 316S Installation driver disk is needed...' then i'll browse for the file in the cd.. and then click ok here is the path "F:\driver\CaremaH\XP2K" when i found it.. i click ok.. then it says again the Look 316s driver, then i click ok.. but now it says.. it needs the file named "vvftprpav303.ax" but wherever i browse i can't find such thing..

so now.. im seeking help here at bleeping computer.. hope someone can help..
thanks in advance!!

:huh: :huh: B)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

Try the driver download from their website and see if that works for you
http://www.a4tech.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jhanzky

jhanzky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

hi mark. thanks for the reply,, but as i got home from school last night, my brother did reformat our pc, because he was so pissed about the cam, and my mom at abroad insist us to repair it, but i can't, i don't know what are those file the cam needs, though i know if i would reformat the pc it would be installed, but i really don't want to reformat it... but,, still.. it got reformatted T_T..

but anyway .. thanks mark.. i appreciate the reply.. a lot.. thanks again.. :thumbsup: :huh:

Edited by jhanzky, 19 July 2008 - 09:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users