Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cdburnerxp

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mistermouse

mistermouse

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:54 AM

Hi Gang, this is my first post so hope I'm in the right place. I put Cdburnerxp on my computer and it is nice and easy to use, does what I need and not too many boxes to click. every now and then it just stops responding and I can't even stop it in task manager, I have to reboot, remove it and re-install. My os is XPpro and if you need any more info just ask. keep it simple as that is all I understand in IT terms. :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

Hello mistermouse,

The event viewer may give some more information.

1. Click Start select run
2. Type eventvwr.exe
3. Press enter
4. Search through the groups for errors and warnings.
5. Double click on each error and or warning.
6. Find the event ID[b/]and [b]Source
7. Let us know what you find.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

Nigglesnush has the right idea, I would just like to add that when you open the Event viewer On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems.

The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them, the warnings appear as yellow with a black exclamation point inside.

If you double click on the error and then choose Properties a page will open with a description of the error or warning. Would you please post both the error code from the the Event column and the description back here. If there are several, please post a couple of the more recent ones, these are posted with the time and date, so try to find one that corresponds with the time that these problems are happening.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:02 PM

OK nigglesnush85 & dc3, I have checked the log as you said, but can't find anything that looks the same as I'm supposed to be after, so point me further into the deep unknown! :thumbsup: :flowers:

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

When you open the system group, there should be a large list. under type look for errors and warnings. double click on these entries for more information.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

How do I post what I found in a reply, do I need to type it in the box or is it possible to cut and paste? :thumbsup:

#7 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

There is a way to copy the contents of the error box. Once you double click on the entry a window will pop up and there should be 2 arrows and a third box with an image of what looks like two files.

Click the button and the contents will be copied. You can then click paste in the post box and it should copy the contents.
Regards,

Alan.

#8 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hi Alan, thanks for the info and as you will see I managed to copy error report on here. Ha Ha These two keep recurring continually over several days. All help gratefully appreciated. I think the third one is to do with the graphics card as I had to update the driver on my son's computer so may have to do the same with mine. :thumbsup: :trumpet: :flowers:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 17/07/2008
Time: 16:25:05
User: N/A
Computer: CHRISTIN-F8C122
Description:
The SAA7134 TV Card service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7022
Date: 17/07/2008
Time: 16:26:30
Description:
The KService service hung on starting.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source: ati2mtag
Event Category: CRT
Event ID: 45062
Date: 15/07/2008
Time: 20:46:46
Description:
CRT invalid display type
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 2c 00 00 00 06 b0 00 c0 ,.....
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

#9 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

According to those entries, there is a problem with your graphics drivers, the TV card service for some reason is not starting correctly, and Kontiki isn't loading correctly. Though these are problems, they are not related to the cdburner.

Have a look in the application group for errors and warnings.
Regards,

Alan.

#10 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

Hi Alan, thanks for you quick reponse. The graphics card probably needs the driver updating as I have done that on my son's computer. The tv card has been removed due to needing the space for USB card. Kontiki I think is something to do with BBC iplayer. Question, what do you think if i reinstall cdburnerXP and again and note the fault/error as soon as it malfunctions. I will check the time and look for errors for corresponding time. Thanks again for all your help, much needed and appreciated. :trumpet: :thumbsup: :flowers:

Regards Chris

Edited by mistermouse, 19 July 2008 - 07:00 AM.

#11 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

No problem Chris, glad to help. Let us know what happens.
Regards,

Alan.

#12 mistermouse

mistermouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Hi ALan, its me again, thought I would let you know I have been into CDburner site and found on their forums that there are a few problems with it 'not responding' or as I have said freezing on screen. There are a few bugs apparently but as I have not got the time to sort through them all I have given up on it for the time being. Perhaps when they sort out the hiccups I will give it another try. I want to say a BIG Thank you for all your help, without which I would not have got this far. Thanks again

Chris :flowers: :thumbsup:

#13 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

No problem, glad to help, thanks for letting us know what happened.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users