Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Filea Are Being Replaced On Two Of My Computers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 picturecar

picturecar

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

I have three computers networked. Using windows 2000 pro w/sp4, mcafee and spysweeper.

All of a sudden two have come up with NTOSKRNL.exe not found. Replaced the file and redid windows and they worked then it happened again but replacing Ntoskrnl.exe doesn't help.

Scanned the computers with malwarebytes and rougue remover(free) and found nothing, when they ran.

Now the third computer I use as a data server just popped a window saying to insert windows cd to replace sysytem files that have just changed.

Is this a trojan?

Thanks,
Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 picturecar

picturecar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Idid a reinstall of win2k pro sp4 and loaded mcafee and superantispyware in system as well as spybot.

after updating and running them I loaded backup and now am getting w32/tutik virus popping up everywhere on exe and browser files.

Is there a way to get it off the system?

Thanks,
Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users