Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"internet Explorer Cannot Display The Webpage"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cindylou46

Cindylou46

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

Below is the results of the Network Diagnostics for Windows XP. I have IE 7 with Windows version 5.1 and Service Pk 3

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost. (I CAN connect to internet and have email with Outlook Express.
The website is temporarily unavailable. (Not the case)
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. (Don't know how/what to do here)
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain. (Or here)
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section. (They are checked)

Last diagnostic run time: 07/17/08 14:50:36 HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied certificate is invalid
warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.passport.net: The supplied certificate is invalid
info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
info Redirecting user to support call

DNS Client Diagnostic
DNS - Not a home user scenario

info Using Web Proxy: no
info Resolving name ok for (www.microsoft.com): yes
No DNS servers

DNS failure

Gateway Diagnostic
Gateway

info The following proxy configuration is being used by IE: Automatically Detect Settings:Enabled Automatic Configuration Script: Proxy Server: Proxy Bypass list:
info Could not get proxy settings via the Automatic Proxy Configuration mechanism
info This computer has the following default gateway entry(ies): 192.168.1.254
info This computer has the following IP address(es): 192.168.1.97
info The default gateway is in the same subnet as this computer
info The default gateway entry is a valid unicast address
info The default gateway address was resolved via ARP in 1 try(ies)
info The default gateway was reached via ICMP Ping in 1 try(ies)
info TCP port 80 on host 65.55.21.250 was successfully reached
info The Internet host www.microsoft.com was successfully reached
info The default gateway is OK

IP Layer Diagnostic
Corrupted IP routing table

info The default route is valid
info The loopback route is valid
info The local host route is valid
info The local subnet route is valid
Invalid ARP cache entries

action The ARP cache has been flushed

IP Configuration Diagnostic
Invalid IP address

info Valid IP address detected: 192.168.1.97

Wireless Diagnostic
Wireless - Service disabled

Wireless - User SSID

Wireless - First time setup

Wireless - Radio off

Wireless - Out of range

Wireless - Hardware issue

Wireless - Novice user

Wireless - Ad-hoc network

Wireless - Less preferred

Wireless - 802.1x enabled

Wireless - Configuration mismatch

Wireless - Low SNR

WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info All base service provider entries are present in the Winsock catalog.
info The Winsock Service provider chains are valid.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP] passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP UDP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Provider entry RSVP TCP Service Provider passed the loopback communication test.
info Connectivity is valid for all Winsock service providers.

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=Bellsouth Dial up, Device=GTW V.92 Voicemodem, MediaType=PHONE, SubMediaType=NONE
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied certificate is invalid
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.passport.net: The supplied certificate is invalid
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
:thumbsup:

I don't know what to do with the above info. and am hoping you can help me. I have called Mcrosoft and when I told them my computer info, she informed me that it would cost about $60.00. I decided then to do what I could on my own or with other help! Then I found support.microsoft.com and followed the directions for the Internet Explorer 7 message (see title) and followed as much as I could unerstand. I've defragged the computer. AT&T said that with the info I gave them at their request, it was not their problem, esp. since I had internet activity. I have compressed the files. I have deleted cookies, although Spy Sweeper quarantines them every day when I do a sweep. I have informed Webroot of my problem, but have not heard back from them yet.
I have disabled add-ons. I have deleted Browsing History. I think I've disabled the firewall. I no longer see the shield. I used safe mode with networking startup option. I never had problems with getting on the internet, just with signing in on several websites and nothing so far has worked. I was unable to install all IE updates, getting the message:
(X) "The website has enbleepered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem." I gave up on this one.

I have Webroot Spy Sweeper and AVG 7.5 Antii-Virus Professional Edition. I don't think either have a firewall, but I think I DO have the Microsoft firewall. I just recently renewed my subscription to Webroot on June 24. My troubles began sometime afterwards, though I'm not completely sure of the exact date the problem (inability to sign in to programs such as eBay in which I have a user name and password. Also, some surveys, but not all) I am constantly getting updates for Microsoft, Windows, AVG and Webroot, and I usually allow them to update. Hope all this info helps!

To take a break from all of this, I decided to print out some digital photos I had taken and since I had recently put in new ink cartridges, the computer told me to callibrate. When I followed the directions (or tried) I discovered that the icon didn't mention configuring the printer! When I right-clicked on the icon in the system tray what came up was:
Show disconnect warning (checked on left) and how safe to remove card (checked on left) "Open D:hpphotosmart series" and "Prepare to remove card" are greyed out. There was no "open toolbox" and therefore no 'calibrate the device'. I don't know if this is connected to the above stated problem, or if it is the result of some of my deleting, defragging, etc.

I'm afraid to go further without some knowledgeable advice and after checking out the other problems on this website and their solutions, I'm counting on your help! Thanks in advance! Cindylou46

P.S. I'm going to bed now, but will be up in the morning (Friday) and ready about 9:30 or 10:00 to go to work on this.
Will appreciate whatever you can help with! Thanks again! C

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cindylou46

Cindylou46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi! Animal moved me to this location; however, I do not have ZonerAlarm! I CAN connect to the Internet, but with some websites (like ebay.com for example), when I sign in, I get the message above. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Any suggestions? Please? The programs I have are explained in the first forum question above. Will gladly answer any more questions you may have!
Thanks,
Cindylou46

Edited by Cindylou46, 19 July 2008 - 10:19 AM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

I moved this topic because it fit's in this forum. Note the title of the entire forum "Web Browsing/Email and Other Internet Applications". You are having an issue displaying pages as you state in the title of your post. That tells me it is a web browsing issue which this forum is dedicated to. This is not strictly a forum related to the the ZoneAlarm / MS KB issue. I have moved your post into the forum which has the most visitors that can assist you.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Cindylou46

Cindylou46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

OK! I see your reply now! Thanks! I noticed that several have looked but no help yet. At least I know where to go now!

Thanks again for sending me where I need to be.
cherr

#5 Cindylou46

Cindylou46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

I found some more information by Viewing Event Logs suggested on another similar forum question.
On June 13, at 9:37:21, user was NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, EVENT ID 100 SOURCE: AVG7, TYPE: Error
Description:
2008-06-14 01:37:21, 328 GATEWAT-99AR76E (000272:000400) ERROR 000AVG7.WTS.CAvgAmWtsProcessldToSessionld (3900) call failed with WIN32 error 87, returning session id is 0

This looks like it might be the problem, but I'm too stupid to know what to do with it!

Anyone up for the challenge???

#6 Cindylou46

Cindylou46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

Just thought I'd let you know that I changed from IE to Foxfire and all is well. I can now sign on to my favorite websites and I'm now working on my printing problems. Although it appeared that many visited this problem, no one seemed to be interested in trying to help me. Maybe I explained TOO MUCH??? :thumbsup:

The website was helpful; however, since I looked at suggestions for others' problems. It was a little old lady at church, this morning, though who suggested changing to Foxfire!

Edited by Cindylou46, 20 July 2008 - 11:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users