Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lsass.exe Backdoor Infection

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ancienttree

ancienttree

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hello my 4 year old kid and wife where on the computer one day when all of a sudden the desktop turned blue and had a link in the middle for some antispyware scan with a big warning sign, also we had thousands of popups at a time.

Well I did some research on the issue and found out that I was infected, I couldn't use the computer on regular mode, I had to use it on safe mode in order for it to work since there were so many pop up, I ran spybot, superantispyware, avg, spyblaster, and adaware, the computer works somewhat fine got rid of the pop ups but it is acting funny. On restart I get error messages for loading eateeido.dll and vsoffktf.dll. It also seems to me that my google searches are diverted by something or someone, since my results are not at all what I used to get, when I perform a search on google, what used to appear as sponsored links on the right side of the screen now appears on the left side of the screen, and when I click on any of the resulting links the google page reloads but now with the sponsored links where they are supposed to be (right side) and I have to click again on whatever result I had clicked in order for it to take me to that site. Another thing I have a service that I read is a backdoor something....and I do a lot of banking on my computer the service is lsass.exe as well as service.exe.

I am sure I have a lot more things hidding in my computer since it is running very slow at times but all the software I have isn't able to detect any of this things I ran registry booster 2 and found 351 items wrong but since at the moment cant affor the full version it only fixed 15. Last thing I almost forgot to mention that antivirus xp 2008 and registry antivirus xp 2008 all of a sudden appeared on my computer and a windows sercurity alert icon on the lower right hand corner keeps on popping out saying that windows is not protected, but I've learned trough the web that this is a fake windows icon.

Please help me identify what my problems are thank you very much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,146 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hello I believe this to be an XP machine,correct.

Please do these

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Next...

Download Attribune's ATF Cleanerand then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opers browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post 2 logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

Hi Boopme here are the logs you asked for, let me tell you tha registry booster is still detecting 242 registry items

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.20
Database version: 963
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

5:48:17 AM 7/18/2008
mbam-log-7-18-2008 (05-48-17).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 60472
Time elapsed: 21 minute(s), 58 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 17
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 16
Files Infected: 26

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9506910a-0f94-4ea1-b567-7070428b8b2b} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{8d71eeb8-a1a7-4733-8fa2-1cac015c967d} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{1e404d48-670a-4085-a6a0-d195793ddd33} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{9f593aac-ca4c-4a41-a7ff-a00812192d61} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{749ec66f-a838-4b38-b8e5-e65d905fff74} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{1e404d48-670a-4085-a6a0-d195793ddd33} (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00110011-4b0b-44d5-9718-90c88817369b} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b847676d-72ac-4393-bfff-43a1eb979352} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cf021f40-3e14-23a5-cba2-717765721306} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{e3eebbe8-9cab-4c76-b26a-747e25ebb4c6} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\rhca8wj0eg0v (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\rhca8wj0eg0v (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\Sidebar.DLL (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MySidesearch (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WR (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\{59a40ac9-e67d-4155-b31d-4b7330fcd2d6} (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\bc98bed9 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\bmbfab8d45 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\iftuyszv.exe,) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bam (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f10 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vec3 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xsir (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\HKCU\RunOnce (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\HKLM\RunOnce (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuAllUsers (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Autorun\StartMenuCurrentUser (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\BrowserObjects (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\rhca8wj0eg0v\Quarantine\Packages (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mysidesearch_sidebar_uninstall.exe (Adware.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\database.dat (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\license.txt (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\MFC71.dll (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\MFC71ENU.DLL (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\msvcp71.dll (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\msvcr71.dll (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\rhca8wj0eg0v.exe.local (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\rhca8wj0eg0v\Uninstall.exe (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cookies.ini (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gside.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winpfz33.sys (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pac.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\atmtd.dll.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\BMbfab8d45.xml (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\BMbfab8d45.txt (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphce8wj0eg0v.scr (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Antivirus XP 2008.lnk (Rogue.AntivirusXP2008) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt1.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt2.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt4.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.tt6.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.ttA.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.ttC.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\.ttE.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Local Settings\Temp\opr44C.tmp (Heuristics.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 07/19/2008 at 01:16 AM

Application Version : 4.15.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 3507
Trace Rules Database Version: 1498

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 07:27:36

Memory items scanned : 156
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 6620
Registry threats detected : 15
File items scanned : 155034
File threats detected : 3

Unclassified.Unknown Origin
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{494612a7-07ee-757b-f698-2755f11d07a6}
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}\Implemented Categories
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}\Implemented Categories\{00021493-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}\InProcServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}\InProcServer32#ThreadingModel
HKCR\CLSID\{494612A7-07EE-757B-F698-2755F11D07A6}\Programmable
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OFBBITWPIJF.DLL
HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{4f720f95-761f-f7db-e184-92e88501dc73}
HKCR\CLSID\{4F720F95-761F-F7DB-E184-92E88501DC73}
HKCR\CLSID\{4F720F95-761F-F7DB-E184-92E88501DC73}
HKCR\CLSID\{4F720F95-761F-F7DB-E184-92E88501DC73}\InProcServer32
HKCR\CLSID\{4F720F95-761F-F7DB-E184-92E88501DC73}\InProcServer32#ThreadingModel
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4f720f95-761f-f7db-e184-92e88501dc73}
HKU\S-1-5-21-2137476972-1324840311-457455863-1009\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{494612a7-07ee-757b-f698-2755f11d07a6}

Adware.Vundo Variant/Rel
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MCRH.TMP

Trojan.Unknown Origin
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\OFBBITWPIJF.DLL-UNINST.EXE

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:24 AM

I haven't used any regisrty tools in over 3 years, that's one of the reasons my computer has been running so good for that long. They can do a lot more harm than good.

That infection is rather hard to get rid of, let the anti-malware do the registry editing

Rerun MBAM in normal mode, post that log so we can tell where to go from there

Edited by DaChew, 19 July 2008 - 05:25 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

I normally don't use register programs, since I trust noting anymore I try to fix everything by researching and do it manually, that's how I ended up with registry booster, I got from researching in this forum and it was a link. but anyway the fake unprotected icon is still at he bottom of the screen and windows xp 2008 as well as registry antivirus xp 2008.

Here is the log you asked for THANKS A LOT:

4:42:24 PM 7/19/2008
mbam-log-7-19-2008 (16-42-24).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|F:\|H:\|I:\|J:\|K:\|)
Objects scanned: 194840
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 35 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\Desktop\shortcuts\hldsupdatetool.exe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\uninstall_hl2.exe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\uninstall_steam.exe (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E7B21304-9105-4D9D-AFAC-E7088FDCC6A0}\RP3\A0000131.exe (Adware.Vapsup) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{E7B21304-9105-4D9D-AFAC-E7088FDCC6A0}\RP6\A0000227.dll (Adware.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

that MBAM log looks fairly clean, maybe even a false positive or grey removal

Let's try another program or 2 and double check

Run the ATF cleaner and SAS from safe mode and then another quick scan with MBAM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=839950

We'll deal with anything left in system restore when we get some clean scans

Edited by DaChew, 19 July 2008 - 05:32 PM.

Chewy

#7 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

I read the link you posted and I in fact had a vundo I, when all my problems started, I think it was something like network commander or command something.... Now that you mention the system restore, the first thing I tried to do was a system restore but all my restore points had been deleted by this thing, the only available restore points where from when this thing got in the computer to now.

Now we are having problems....after I ran what you asked me to run and restarted the only way windows loads is in safe mode, if I restart in normal mode I get a black screen after the windows loading bar and that's it I can't do nothing.

Here are the logs you asked for SAS found nothing

3:11:08 AM 7/20/2008
mbam-log-7-20-2008 (03-10-56).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 47250
Time elapsed: 22 minute(s), 44 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\lvuvc.hs (Rootkit.Agent) -> No action taken.

#8 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:52 AM

that last rootkit explains a lot

If you have to use a healthy computer download SDFix and print instructions for running on the infected computer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

was that last MBAM scan from safe mode?

I assume it was since you said you can't boot into normal mode?
Chewy

#9 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:49 PM

:thumbsup: Hi DaChew, I don't know how it'd be without peopl like you, probably the internet wouldn't be possible from all the malware out there.

Here is the log you asked for

SDFix: Version 1.207
Run by HP_Owner on Sun 07/20/2008 at 02:21 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

Checking Services :

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

Checking Files :

Trojan Files Found:

C:\Temp\1cb\syscheck.log - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hljwugsf.bin - Deleted

Folder C:\Temp\1cb - Removed
Folder C:\Temp\tn3 - Removed

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check :

Final Check :

catchme 0.3.1361.2 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-07-20 14:33:52
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden services & system hive ...

scanning hidden registry entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden processes: 0
hidden services: 0
hidden files: 0

Remaining Services :

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\309731\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Updates from HP\\309731\\Program\\Updates from HP.exe:*:Enabled:BackWeb for Pavilion"
"C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\EarthLink TotalAccess\\TaskPanl.exe:*:Enabled:Earthlink"
"C:\\Program Files\\Ares\\Ares.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Ares\\Ares.exe:*:Enabled:Ares p2p for windows"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Bonjour\\mDNSResponder.exe:*:Enabled:Bonjour"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe:*:Enabled:avgupd.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1"
"C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\MSN Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger 8.1 (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\rapimgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync RAPI Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Connection Manager"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\WCESMgr.exe:169.254.2.0/255.255.255.0:Enabled:ActiveSync Application"

Remaining Files :

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Files with Hidden Attributes :

Tue 4 Mar 2008 213 A.SHR --- "C:\BOOT.BAK"
Wed 23 Nov 2005 196 A.SHR --- "C:\BOOTNXX.BAK"
Sun 27 Apr 2008 6,104,632 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\Picasa2\setup.exe"
Mon 28 Jan 2008 1,404,240 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe"
Mon 28 Jan 2008 5,146,448 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
Mon 28 Jan 2008 2,097,488 A.SHR --- "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe"
Sat 15 Mar 2008 4,348 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.bak"
Mon 28 Nov 2005 4,348 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\DRMv1.key.bak"
Thu 1 May 2008 0 A.SH. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\DRM\Cache\Indiv01.tmp"
Sun 20 Jul 2008 101,540 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\304c19f1612f37ffa8967147d3cb7464\BIT3.tmp"

Finished!

#10 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

Let me warn you, in my personal experience, teatimer has rivaled malware for causing me to have to do repair and/or clean installs of windows xp for my clients computers

What's the status of your computer?
Chewy

#11 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:29 PM

My computer seems good for the most part...but ANTIVIRUS XP 2008 and REGISTRY ANTIVIRUS XP 2008 are still there as well as SERVICES.EXE and LSASS.EXE.

The fake security icon is gone and everything seems to be fine I just don't want all of this to come back. And finally should I disable teatimer.exe?

#12 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:58 AM

I am on a friend's computer while out of town for a few days, go into properties/preferences for spybot and turn off teatimer loading at bootup

repeat all antimalware steps and programs

teatimer is probably a lot of your problems relating to partial malware cleanup
Chewy

#13 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:29 AM

Do I re-run everything in safe mode? or normal mode :thumbsup:

#14 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

I mix safe and normal mode scans, variety is the spice of life when killing malware

Some programs are intended for safe mode like sdfix(even tho it uses normal mode for final cleanup), some like MBAM are most effective in normal mode, some like SAS seem to supplement others better from safe mode.
Chewy

#15 ancienttree

ancienttree
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:46 PM

ok it looks clean, the only things that remain are antivirus xp 2008 and registry antivirus xp 2008... Any thoughts on how to permanently remove this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users