Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Secondary administrator account missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zer0_II

Zer0_II

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

I booted up my computer today, and at the welcome screen there was no account for me to log onto. The user icon and username were missing, so there wasn't anything for me to click on. I booted into safe mode and logged into the main administrator account and went ahead and made a new account with administrator priviledges, but all my settings and configurations are gone. So far I haven't noticed that any files are missing or that anything has been tampered with. Does anyone know what might have caused this or anything that I might be able to do to restore the original administrator account which I used? Whenever I navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX I get the error message

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX is not accessible
access is denied

I checked the disk space for C drive and it was still the same. I have about 20 gigs of music in the missing account, so if it had been deleted there would be a noticeable difference, but there was none.

Edited by Zer0_II, 13 April 2005 - 08:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

Go back into safe mode and make sure you have permissions to that folder. Those user accounts were completely gone? Something sounds like it either got corrupted or the registry was damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users