Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen On Vista

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 lust

lust

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:59 PM

Hello

im having constant crashes on my comp with blue screen after. ive updated drivers, i doubt its power supply and now the blue screen that pops up after the crashes isn't so frequent . my blue screen pops up at random times i can be watching a movie on the comp and it'll crash and it can take up to hours before the next crash or even a day . it'll crash when im surfing the net , loading a program , just random then the error codes are diff all the time for diff crashes and now sometimes my programs wont function correctly or even load and take time loading .i have a dell with vista 32 bit basic also each time i install something it'll crash like 5 min. after .I would appreciate all the help thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

We'll need the information from at least the last 2 or 3 BSOD's. Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

heres some from the event viewer although im not so sure im doing it right but hopefully its part of what you need again sorry if i pasted it in the wrong section.

Attached File  application_logs.txt   5.61KB   39 downloads

im also having trouble getting the minidump file open in the debug . keeps saying file not found or must get permission from administrator or file owner

Edited by lust, 18 July 2008 - 02:30 AM.

#4 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:25 AM

Attached File  Security_logs.txt   3.74KB   31 downloads

Attached File  System_logs.txt   4.5KB   13 downloads

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

The system log indicates that there's problems with the file structure on your hard drive.

Go to Start → Computer and right click on your hard drive (usually C:) and select Properties
Then click on the Tools tab, then on the Error Checking button
Put a checkmark in each box, then select "Start"
If it tells you it can't run because the disk is in use, click OK to schedule it for later - then reboot the computer.

Let us know any error messages that you see.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

i was doing a scan on my computer today around 2 and it crashed with blue screen and all i got was this
STOP:0x0000008E (0xc0000005,0x82c00f39,0xa17b18d4,0x00000000) i will try what u said here in a bit and thank you once again

Here is another one i had around 8 p.m. (bsod)IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP:0x0000000A (0xA880000F,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x82AB3895)

i did the chkdisk and i got nothing i might have done it wrong but it caused my comp to crash after i clicked on schedule for later button once i started it up again it ran it but it didnt show any results just the scan process but i might have over looked something.

Edited by lust, 20 July 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#7 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

STOP: 0x0000009F (0x00000003,0x8435A290,0x853B6380,0x90D2FDE8)

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

Try booting into Safe Mode (press F8 just before the Windows splash screen shows up) and see if it still gives you Blue Screen errors there. If not, then it's most likely a driver or program that's causing it (one that loads later than the drivers that load in preparation for Safe Mode).

#9 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

Lust, the driver for your Antivirus could even be causing this problem. What Antivirus are you using?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#10 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

im using Kaspersky, sometimes when its downloading stuff or scanning it causes crashes . i just noticed that.thanx . i uninstalled it and a while later this happened today

heres another bsod info i got today .

BAD_POOL_HEADER

STOP: 0x000000019 (0x00000020,0x9FABF180,0x9FABF1B0,0x0A060400)

#11 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

Do you have Acronis or any other 'backup' software on this machine?

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#12 lust

lust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

i dont have acronis and i dont think i have any other backup software on it .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users