Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Photos And Tables

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chzuck

chzuck

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

I have a hobby website which I made using Word. I have two issues I am trying to figure out. One is hiding the table lines when it is viewed in Firefox. They are invisible when viewing in IE. The other is the top portion of 3 out of 4 photos are blacked out when viewed in Firefox and not in IE.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

Link? Hard to see what is wrong without looking at the source. :thumbsup:

#3 chzuck

chzuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

http://home.paonline.com/chzuck/Burden.htm

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

This line is causing the problem:
<table class="MsoTableGrid" style="border: medium none ; width: 744.55pt; border-collapse: collapse;" width="993" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

The border is being defined twice. First, it is being given a style of 'medium none', and then given a size of 1 in the HTML border parameter. IE is using the style declaration, and Firefox is using the HTML parameter. Take out border="1", and the lines will go away.

As far as the images issue, they all load for me in Firefox, but the last image did not load for me in IE. The code is such a gosh-awful mess that I can't even begin to imagine what might be causing the problem. For instance, I can't understand why a simple page like that would need to install an Activex control. I am assuming that since I didn't allow the control to be installed, the image was not able to display.

EDIT: It just dawned on me what you did. Using Word as a text editor is one thing; creating a document in Word and having Word try to convert it to a web page is sloppy. The page does not even validate correctly, there is no document type declaration, and there is a ton of erroneous garbage left in the source code which makes it very difficult to troubleshoot.

#5 chzuck

chzuck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

groovicus,
All the images load in Firefox, but the top portion of the photo is black as if the photo is smaller than the canvas size.

Thanks for taking a look. Maybe it is time to look at something else to do my webpage. I will try your suggestion for the table lines.
Thanks again for your patience and help.
Charlie Zuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users