Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.2.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Please download SDFix
and save it to your Desktop.
Double click SDFix.exe
and it will extract the files to C:\SDFix
You may wish to print out these instructions or copy them to a notepad document since you will be unable to access the Internet while in Safe Mode to read from this site.
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode
(tap F8 just before Windows starts to load and select Safe Mode from the list).
- Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
- Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log
Edited by superbird, 17 July 2008 - 12:04 PM.