Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting 2 Routers Together

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

ok, I know some about the blood and guts of the comp, but networking i'm a total moron, so please dumb it down as much as you can. We're doing LAN parties, but too many people so we've got to get 2 routers into the same network, they say its possible but don't remember how they did it. So i came to ask the gurus. /suckingup lol!

This is the gear we're trying to hook.

netgear RP614v2

linksys NR041

A page i was reading said something about disabling the DHCP on the second router to force it into the same IP. as far as i know he knows how to do it, but i know that i don't. We're doing at least 5 computers. If certain computers or connections need to be in a certain spot that information would be greatly appreciated also. thank you for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users