Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 acky

acky

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:29 AM

Hello just installed 1gig of ram in my acer sa80 desk top every thing good until I left the internet then got a blue screen with this..... DRIVER -IRQL-NOT-LESS_OR-EQUAL stop,0x00000000DI(0x00007010,0x00000002,0x00000000,oxBA37C96B) ALCXWDM,SYS,AdressBA37C96Bbace atBA2FB000,DateStamp43326C86...What is this..???????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:18 AM

Would you please provide us with the make and model of your computer, and the make and model of the RAM module that you purchased?

Does this error stop when you remove the new RAM?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 acky

acky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:19 AM

Hi sorry about the lack of info..
the computer said it was going to shut down and try to fix its self..(it seems to be going alright now)..and to only remove any recently installed hard wear if the blue screen remained after rebooting...
THE INFO....COMPUTER_acer aspire SA80 desktop
acer- 20AD14ADED3-intel®celeron®.........Ram..1.21
CPU...2.80GHz
CPU.speed..2800MHz
RAM-\DSE..1GB..DDR PC3200
400MHz

NOTE..on the back of the packet it says backwards compatible for 266MHz and 333MHz motherboards..Have put the ram in the wrong way..??

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:46 AM

RAM can only go in one way on all the motherboards I have used. Have you tried updating your audio drivers?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

Nigglesnush is correct, RAM is keyed and will only fit in the slots that it was designed for. The RAM being backward compatible mean that it will work with slower modules. As a rule, when you mix modules of different speeds that are compatible, the speed of the modules will be that of the slowest module, this is known as underclocking.

Would you please provide us with the make and model of the RAM module that you added? There could be an compatibility issue with the new RAM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

The STOP 0xD1 error can be caused by mismatched RAM (among other things). Here's a link to a brief description of the error: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xd1

If updating your sound drivers doesn't fix it, then I'd remove the new stick of RAM and see if that fixes it.
Also, could you provide us with the exact specifications of the RAM sticks? Be careful to ensure that the system is unplugged and that you've grounded yourself to the metal of the case before touching the RAM modules. Then post back with the exact wording of the labels on each stick of memory (FWIW - I've had compatibility issues with PNY and Infineon RAM modules at work).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 acky

acky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

dc3...thought i did in my last post..only other code on packet is..XH8302
Alan...down loaded update from computer manufacter for Realtec AC97 Audio this week...But did a driver update scan yesterday (software only tells if out of date then u have to pay)..it said Realtec AC97 Audio driver out of date!!
Would have thought the the update should be in the download ..Ill look into it ..

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:30 AM

I've been using http://www.radarsync.com/ to update my drivers, its free and should help.
Regards,

Alan.

#9 acky

acky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

cheers Alan...just had another Blue Screen this time...STOP:0x00a(shortend) went to the link from john...AS with the other error seems like memory problem...took the cover off.. The stick i installed looked to be up a little on one side.took both out and swaped them around...So far so good...

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

Key with installing memory models: If you don't hear the click, it's not all the way in.

Louis

#11 acky

acky
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

ever thing good... computer running well..DOWN LOADED Alan's link..great ..9..out of date driver's ..Thank You ALAN...

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

Glad to hear that you have solved your problem. :thumbsup:

#13 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

No problem, glad to help.

On a side note, I have noticed recently that the tool reports some applications out of date. Its to do with the version number saying v.2 and the tool wanting to download 2.0.0. They are the same file in reality.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users