Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sata Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

I just purchased and installed a Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA-300 32mb buffer drive. The problem i have is it is SLOWW!! I downloaded and ran the HD Tach benchmark, and it is only getting 3.4 MB/S rating! It is suppose to at LEAST be 150! I have tried different configurations, unplugging different drives, editing bios features. Im at my wits end! I dont know what else to try! Any help would be appreciated.

P4800-m7 Biostar motherboard
2GB Corsair memory
Radeon X1950
1TB sata
250 + 100 GB IDE

Edited by gavinseabrook, 17 July 2008 - 01:36 AM.

Gavin Seabrook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

Is this a internal or external hdd connected to a USB port?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:01 AM

OMG I HATE THIS DAMN THING! I went to www.viaarena.com to see about getting the new 4 in 1 drivers. Installed and still didnt work! Went to manufacturer site (Biostar) and got the 5.18B version (compared to via arenas 5.18A) and now it is working. Instead of transfers of 3.4 MB/s it is 130 MB/s. I will still probably get a SATA Controller card that gets me the full SATA II speed of 300 MB/s, but im glad I at least got it to work good! Stupid VIA!

Edited by gavinseabrook, 17 July 2008 - 03:10 AM.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users