Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Play Computer Games Or Dvd's?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 confused123

confused123

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Im not sure what happened in the short time period between my last virus and now, but i basically had to install a whole bunch of spyware removers which must have done something to my computer. Ever since then, there has been no response when i put in a computer game or DVD to play or watch. This is fairly recent but i never had problems like this in the past. Thanks.

Edited by confused123, 16 July 2008 - 08:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Can your computer read the files on the disks if you click on "My Computer" then find the drive in question, right click on it, and click on "explore?"
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 confused123

confused123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:39 PM

yes. but once i click them, they wont play.

#4 randomuser83

randomuser83

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 PM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

The antiviruses you ran on your pc probably quarantined files associated with your plug and play settings for your cd-rom. I would check the logs of what you ran and see what it deleted/quarantined, if any of them are associated to your cd-rom or playback programs, you need to replace the files and everything should be fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users