Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Solution Center Officejet Pro L7400 Hangs Up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheManInTheCUBE

TheManInTheCUBE

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:08 PM

Windows XP.

New printer: Hp rOfficejet Pro L7480 All-in-One

when i press Scan Pictur Settings or Scan Document Setting nothing happens ( I get the beginning of a screen that freezes { i stop at the process level in task manager))

in short, I can NOT get this thig to set up so that it can be operated from its pop-up window.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

like this guy from a google search:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums...hreadId=1210955

BLUE links from google here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=hp+solution...lient=firefox-a

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have uninstalled, re-installed, then downloaded today's version of the (huge about 250MB ) driver/software pack from the hp site.

Note the printer works fine.

& I can actually force the scanner to work by clicking on the icon in My Computer ( & then operating it by using an old Lexmark photo editor)

I just want this to do what it OBVIOUSLY is suppose to do)

ANY help (PLEASE....!) sincerely appreciated

--mike

Edited by TheManInTheCUBE, 16 July 2008 - 06:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

Since you can work the scanner by using an image-editor and the printer works OK...the HP software is the problem.

250MB...that's almost as large as XP SP3 or SP2...you sure that you have the right package for...skip it, I just looked it up (232MB).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCa...485&lang=en

Have you tried the above support link?

Louis

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,414 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

Duplicate post deleted.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2008 - 12:12 PM.

#4 TheManInTheCUBE

TheManInTheCUBE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

Since you can work the scanner by using an image-editor and the printer works OK...the HP software is the problem.

250MB...that's almost as large as XP SP3 or SP2...you sure that you have the right package for...skip it, I just looked it up (232MB).

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/solveCa...485&lang=en

Have you tried the above support link?

Louis

Yeah, hamluis,

I've been all over their site..nothing seems to address this specifically.

I'm considering just accepting that I'll have to use that old Editor to do the scans..

even though I'll lose all the 'bells & whistles' on the scanning...in reality, I'd probably do any real editing in PhotoShop anyhow.

So, I suppose no big deal (but you know....ya kinda want a new product ( almost 200 dollars ) to work RIGHT

thanks

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,414 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

But...:thumbsup:, we both know that using the editor for the scans if probably a bit quicker and smoother.

I hate all the miscellatneous BS that now comes with a simple printer purchase, let alone an all-in-one.

All that software is great if it works properly...but the least little problem and the whole package is worth zero.

The minute I found out that PhotoImpact allows for direct scaning of images, I stopped using the vendor software with my scanner.

Yes....I know how it would be nice if it all worked out of the box :huh:.

But if uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix software like that...who needs it :huh:?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users