Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Write Down Product Keys And Put In Safe Place....

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rigacci

rigacci

Fiorentino

• Members
  • 2,604 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 03:22 PM

Don't do what I did or you will spend hours on the phone trying to get to the correct person.

I have an Acer 5315 that I upgraded from Home Basic first to Home Premium and then to Ultimate. That was my first mistake. I should have just gone from Basic to Ultimate.

OK, I really started to dislike Vista so I got a larger HD and installed XP and then I reinstalled Vista, in order to dual boot.

I did my upgrade purchases through the AnytimeUpgrade Marketplace (THAT WAS MY 2ND MISTAKE)

So, I figured a quick call and I should have it. Well, it has been about 1 week and I think I finally found the responsible party. They have agreed to send me a new disk (really don't need it but he said FREE) as well as the Product Keys for both of my upgrades. Sweet!

BTW, this notebook running XP with 2 GB of RAM flies! The same does not go for Vista. Lock-ups, applications hanging and a bunch of other things prompted me to install the XP. I needed to keep the Vista simply because I feel a responsibility to support any of my clients that went with Vista.

Following is a link about the Acer Hardware upgrade. I have a Core Duo T5450 in mine and it helps a lot. Just remember to upgrade your BIOS.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=267688

DR

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users