Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rtl8185 Causes Windows Xp To Freeze

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 fmiqbal786

fmiqbal786

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hello everyone, I am new to this site. I have searched everywhere on google and not found an answer to my solution so I decided to create a post.

I have formatted my desktop PC 7 times and installed a fresh version of windows XP SP2 each time. The newly formatted system seems to work perfectly. However, as soon as I install the driver for RTL8185 (a wireless card) from the Realtek website, after installation, my system crashes. The system freezes for hours and does not unfreeze. during this freeze, the hdd light is not lit, sometimes I even have problems to get pass the welcome screen.

I am not even connected to the internet, yet after installing the driver my computer just freezes the only way to unfreeze is to restart my computer which I do from holding down the on/off button for 3-5 seconds.

I have SKY broadband and they provided me with a sagem wireless router. I know this works because i can connect to the internet perfectly on my laptop

However, I can access safe mode and the computer runs normally!

looking forward to your help, thanks in advance

Please ask me for any information that I have not/forgotten to provide.
I have 2GB ram and 3.20Ghz Dual core processor with an Asus P5VDC-MX motherboard, nvidia geforce 6200 graphics card.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users