Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Is Crippled - Please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 help me guys

help me guys

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

ok, this is how it all started, i went to www.serial.ws looking for a crack for a LEGAL STORE BOUGHT game so i wouldnt need a disk to run it, then i chose one of its sister sites www.crackfind.com, i downloaded the crack and after extracting it into the game directory i went back a few times to the part which has my computer, c drive and my dvd ram drive, i noticed my computer and c drive werent there so i went to the start menu on desktop to open it and my computer and control panel were COMPLETELY GONE. The Background was blood red with a biohazard sign and many programs such as AntiVirus xp 2008 and ultimate Cleaner 2007 started showing up about every minute later after i crossed them off, some internet pages open up at random times and yhey reset my homepage to ucleaner.com, usualy when i try to go onto the internet i am redirected to a page saying it is unsafe to continue but this has only shown up since the viruses, i managed to download an anti virus program adwarealert then spyware doctor but after detecting around 560 viruses, both require me to REGISTER and BUY them to actualy dispose of them, which REALY ticked me off, i tried the guide using the SmitFraudFix.exe, i regained almost all start menu programs except for control panel and my computer, but after turning the computer off and on again the problem went back to the start with no programs tab in the start menu and still no my computer and no control panel, i went into network connections which still works and firewalled all connections, and now im sitting here wondering if i just wasted $2200 on my first laptop, which is the most ive spent on anything... well, if you can help me ill actualy pay in cash but i need a solution that will get rid of 100% of the viruses, or at least first some solutions that will HELP the problem.

Heres some examples of what ive been getting

Slow computer speeds,
Random AntiVirus Popups like Ultimate Cleaner 2007 and AntiVirus XP 2008
Internet Explorer Browers opening up randomly, homepage changed to www.ucleaner.com - (ultimate Cleaner 2007)
NO My Computer
NO C Drive, my only storage drive
NO Control Panel
I can move the mouse to the very top of the screen and exit the blood red biohazard background, then there is a blue background with a yellow box in the centre saying i should get a virus guard, in the bottom right of the toolbar (blue line down bottom of screen running from left to right) it says VIRUS ALERT in the bottom right on the right of the time displayed.
AntiVirus XP 2008 says i have around 560 viruses

Heres the EXACT SAME TEXT as one of the few popups that appear every few minutes:
When i try to access the task manager, i get this message, Task manager has been disabled by your administrator (me)
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Security Warning!

Worm.Win32.NetBooster detected on your machine. This virus is distributed via the internet through email and active-x objects. The worm has its own SMTP which means it gathers emails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
This process should be removed from your computer system.

Type: Virus
System Affected: Windows 2000,NT,ME,XP,Vista
Security Risk (0-5): 5
Recommendations: Click yes to remove it from your pc immediately.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heres a list of ALL the problems detected ( the virus scan programs that came with the virus say i have 560-670 viruses, im using spyware doctor and getting the following results:

Adware.Agent.BN 7 Infections Risk Level High
Trojan.keylogger.Hotkeys 1 Infection Risk Level High
Trojan-Downloader.Hidden 1 Infection Risk level High

could the programs that came with the viruses be giving false information?

Please help me, all other sites have been useless if you tell me what to do STEP BY STEP i can accomplish fixing this, but please come up with something thats gonna get rid of it.. im not too good at computers but i moderately understand how they work and i am intelligent so i belive with help from you guys i can get rid of this.

Edited by help me guys, 16 July 2008 - 10:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Hello,please follow these instructions and post back the scan log,thanks. Also tell us how the PC is.

How to remove Antivirus XP 2008 (Uninstall Instructions)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users