Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Install Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OmegamB

OmegamB

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

Yesterday I received my new graphics card: a eVGA e-GeForce 6200 256MB DDR PCI Graphics.

I placed the card in an available PCI slot, and disabled my onboad graphics card through the hardware manager in XP. I then rebooted and installed the drivers for the new card. However, the card won't display any video. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have an eMachines W3050.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:29 AM

Hello OmegamB,

Did the card come with a CD?
Can you get into windows?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

The new card should be automatically recognized and the motherboard should switch to the new card. Did you uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 OmegamB

OmegamB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hello OmegamB,

Did the card come with a CD?
Can you get into windows?

Yes. I installed the drivers that were on the CD. And yes, I can get into Windows.

The new card should be automatically recognized and the motherboard should switch to the new card. Did you uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager?

You mean uninstall the old graphics card drivers? I didn't think of that. Guess I better go try it out.

EDIT: I uninstalled the drivers and my new graphics card works fine now! Thanks for your help!

Edited by OmegamB, 16 July 2008 - 09:56 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users