Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Programs Not Running Correctly, Computer Slow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kweenbee

kweenbee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

This is my first post and obviously we are experiencing a problem or I would not need to be here. I am far from being a computer genius, but I am capable and can follow instructions well.

This is a work computer that was donated to my boyfriend so that he could work on his music. I don't know where he picked up this nasty virus, could have been a site that he or the teenage kids have visited, I don't know for sure.

The problem is that explorer is not working properly. Our internet is working but the pages will not display most of the time. We get an error message about a missing framedyn file... I have no idea what that means.

Additionally there are programs that will not open and when I click on the technical info for the error that pops up when it wants to close it says something like appcompat.exe - I'm guessing that is a virus, but again have no idea.

I read several of the other posts and have installed the combofix and windowsxp-KB310994-SP2-Pro-BootDisk-ENU. I pulled the windowsxp downloaded file into combofix and ran it. I will post the combofix log if you request it.

I need to know what I should do now.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Edited by Orange Blossom, 16 July 2008 - 03:43 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users