Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stupid Aol!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 totalduffer

totalduffer

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hey all, I'm trying to help my brother get his AOL working. He lives in NY and I live in NC. The last time I was in NY I had to redo his network at home. I set up his Linksys router with WPA-PSK [TKIP] and MAC address filtering. After getting this all setup he calls me a week later and says his wife con't get onto AOL. He uses a cable modem and even if you go to aol.com he gets page cannot be displayed. Why would this be? And when he clicks on the AOL icon there aren't any connection types listed in the drop down menu. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Axephilic

Axephilic

MRU Graduate

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

Hi. This may help you: http://help.aol.com/help/search.do?cmd=dis...articleId221772

Personally, I hate AOL with a passion (yet I still use AIM). =/ That is the only piece of AOL software that will ever touch my computers though. This is just my personal opinion though and I'm sure others will disagree and others will agree with me.

Regards,
Adam
Proud to be a Graduate of Malware Removal University - I am a member of:
Posted Image Posted Image

If I helped you, please consider a donation: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users