Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bck/vb.xb

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DBlackbeard

DBlackbeard

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hi there - I'm new to bleepingcomputer, so hello all!!

After a nasty spam attack, my computer wasn't functioning properly and i decided my best way out was to format and install a fresh copy of XP. I installed a fresh copy and got all my anti-virus, firewall and spyware detection software up to date to prevent future attacks. It worked for a while until a scan revealed that i have a nasty virus called Bck/VB.XB and all anti virus software does is detect it, but does not dis-infect it which is annoying because its slowing down my computer immensly!! I couldnt find any methods to manually remove the virus, infact i cant find much info on the virus at all!

Does any one know how i can get rid of this virus??

I ran a ComboFix but that also didnt detect the virus. I have the log if any one is able to read it?

P.S. Panda Anti-Virus is detecting 5 of the same virus

Best Regards,
Dean

Edited by DBlackbeard, 15 July 2008 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fireman4it

fireman4it

Bleepin' Fireman

• Malware Response Team
  • 13,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:24 PM

hello,
u should only use combofix with help from an expert it a very dangerous tool and can do damage to ur computer!

download malwareantibytes and update it then run a quickscan in reg mode . plz post the log from the scan on here.

http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

Edited by fireman4it, 15 July 2008 - 06:24 PM.

" Extinguishing Malware from the world"

The Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal forum is very busy. If I'm helping you and I've not posted back within 24 hrs., send a PM with your topic link. Thank you.

ALL OTHER HELP REQUESTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM WILL BE IGNORED. The Forums are there for a reason!
Thanks-

userbar_eis_500.gif

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware! Just click btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users