Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Part Of Logos Has Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Astaroth131

Astaroth131

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Hello, I have two problems with my Vista Home Premium 32-bit machine that are driving me crazy. I know, one problem per thread, but they may be linked.

1) Nearly every time the computer boots I get an error that says "part of logos has stopped working" and that it has been closed. All I can do is hit the close button. What is Logos, why is it crashing, and how do I make the error go away?

2) It has only happened 3 times now out of many boots over the last month or so, but I randomly get a blue screen of death error upon booting. Unfortunately I do not have a record of what it said unless there is one automatically saved somewhere on my harddrive I don't know about. The reason it may be linked is because when I shut my computer off after the blue screen and turn it back on, I don't get the "logos" error and it boots fine.

I did a bunch of cleanup by running Spybot, Ad-aware, a Trend virus scan, and Uniblue registry booster but these have not changed #1 and I can't tell if #2 is fixed or not. Honestly they didn't find much besides some tracking cookies basically.

I'm really not aware of any hardware/software changes that might've triggered these issues. I realize this is not much to go on, but I'd gladly provide more information if you could kindly tell me what I need to do. Thanks! :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 topspy

topspy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

I have this same problem. It is caused by Multisim from national instruments, by a program called nidmsrv.exe. Not sure yet where it is loading from.

#3 topspy

topspy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

use regedit to search for and delete any keys that contain nidmsrv.exe, the logos problem goes away........

MOD EDIT: We do not recommend the blanket deletion of registry keys without the understanding of what each key does. A safer alternative is to uninstall the program from the Control Panel. Should you decide to delete these keys, please backup your registry BEFORE deleting anything. That way, should things not work out, you'll at least have something to try and recover to.

Edited by usasma, 15 September 2008 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users