Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Router Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:12 AM

Hi,

I am helping my friend to fix her wireless internet connection.

The problem is that she cannot seem to be able to connect to it (the router and internet) wirelessly. With a wired connection, the internet seems to work fine, HOWEVER on going into the local area connection properties and ipconfig, it shows the IP address and default gateway as the IP assigned by her ISP, not her router. (ie. does NOT show gateway & ip as 192.168.x.x).

Her currect setup is:

Modem--> Router --> 2 comps connected via WIRED, but properties show ISP info, not router info (by info i mean default gateway, IP address, etc)
--> laptop connected wirelessly, but can't connect to router.

On the 2 comps connected via wired, i cannot access the router at all (not even from the supposed default gateway). as mentioned the ipconfig properties can't find the router gateway anyway.

I'm planning on trying a hard reset on the router, but does anyone have any other suggestions i should try in fixing it?

The router is a Airlink 101 AR325W.

Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users