Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Been Out Of The Loop. What Certs Are Needed In The It Networking Field?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jerrykobes

jerrykobes

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

Three years ago I finished school for Networking and I have been out of the loop since due to life circumstances and my own neglect, but now I want to get back into the field. When I left the most commonly desired certifications were to have a CCNA and an MSCE 2003.

I know some of the questions I'm about to ask might be laughed at by some by I seriously want to know what is going on in the field so that I can get back into it and finally get a Network Technician job. I know that some of these questions could be answered by my own research but I would rather hear what people have to say first and do my research second.

Is there a new edition of Windows Server out or is it just 2003? If the is a new edition, then what are the new certifications and what is most in demand for Windows Network Administration? If not, when is the new Windows Server coming out and should I hold off on getting any certification training till then. What other certs are important to have out there right now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Axephilic

Axephilic

MRU Graduate

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:45 PM

Hi.

CCNA, Network+, CompTIA A+, MCSA is all I can think of right now. That's just off the top of my head though.

Windows Server 2008 isn't released yet but everyone is getting ready for it. There hasn't been any Server editions except 2008 since 2003. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/windowss...08/default.mspx

Regards,
Adam
Proud to be a Graduate of Malware Removal University - I am a member of:
Posted Image Posted Image

If I helped you, please consider a donation: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users