Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Javascript Is Not Enabled Or I Donít Have The Latest Version Of Adobe Flashplayer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jollyXL

jollyXL

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:34 PM

I have been on Tech Support Guy and I have looked at this site for a solution and have not found anything that works so I hope someone can help.

McAfee just did an update. I started receiving an error that JavaScript is not enabled or I donít have the latest version of Adobe FlashPlayer. I checked the settings in McAfee to see if anything was blocking these applications and didnít see anything that would have affected this. I then removed McAfee to see if this worked and it didnít. I am having problems with my Microsoft Outlook that can be viewed in a web brower, Facebook (the chat portion and scrabulous), YouTube videos, Gmail (Standard doesnít work HTML does), AIM, Hotmail, Jango, even the search tool in Windows, employment sites that use Javascript (the entire website doesnít appear), and some other websites. I also have problems with downloading programs as in it doesnít prompt me to start, I always get the message that my JavaScripts are not enabled or I donít have the latest Adobe FlashPlayer. JavaScripts are enabled and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Adobe FlashPlayer and gotten rid of all the older versions of Adobe FlashPlayer. All antivirus software has had their settings checked or uninstalled. It still doesnít work and I have tried all the tips that have been suggested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Here are tips that have already been tried...

Disable virus protection...

Reinstalled IE...

Download Adobe FlashPlayer from... http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

Although the source of this problem is with Youtube, most users have corrected this by following these simple steps:
1- Delete cookies, clear history, reset web settings and all internet options to default.
2- Remove Google toolbar or any pop-up bloker
3- Remove all version of adobe (reader, flash,etc)
4- Download this file and save it on your pc: http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html
5- Restart your pc
6- Disable your Antivirus
7- Run the file you saved earlier
8- Enable your antivirus
9- Re-install Google toolbar
10- Enjoy watching Youtube.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jollyXL

jollyXL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

FYI: I got it working some how. Not sure what I did but it works.

The last thing I tried was a tip I found...

"then I re-registered the scripting .dll's (Start, Run, Regsvr32 vbscript.dll) (and then Start, Run, Regsvr32 jscript.dll)"

Can anyone tell me if this was the fix and what this did and why reinstalling Flash and Java wouldn't have cured this...

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hi JollyXL, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I'm sorry that no one was able to get to you and help you earlier. But I am glad to see that you have found the solution for your problem. Thank you for sharing the information with us. :thumbsup:

Edited by dc3, 14 July 2008 - 11:50 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users