Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect To The Internet.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 birdman2314

birdman2314

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

I recently "re-shuffled" my room. Moving my computer to a different location. (less than 10 feet away). The internet has been giving me problems since then. First it wouldn't connect. I finally got it to connect, but I don't know how. A day or two passed with minor issues. Yesterday, it cut off before I went to bed. Today, I couldn't get it working.

Also today, I reformatted my really old computer (which previously used the net connection). I installed the software and such. And that computer can't connect.

I am 99.9999999% sure that these problems are related.

Please help.

I have a Linksys Wireless-B Adapter. Very old. I know I need to upgrade and am going to do that in the near future. But, I really need online capability on these two computers in the meantime.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 The G Bomb

The G Bomb

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:55 AM

You could try moving you computer back to the position where it used to get a connection and see if you can get the machine to connect reliably from there, it could be that there is something causing too much interference in the new position and degrading the signal too much for a reliable connection, if not at least it will rule that out of the equation.

#3 birdman2314

birdman2314
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

It is weird. My dad tinkered with it for a little while and it worked. This morning it wasn't working until I kept refreshing the page with all the networks listed. It worked after 5 minutes of tinkering. However, I never had to do this before. It would connect automatically on startup. So I don't know what is up...

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users