Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rayvern

Rayvern

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hi all,

thought I'd stick my name up on this board.
I'm a strictly amateur home user, but have spent a few years developing professionally (I'm one of those dangerous ones with just a little bit of knowledge *8-D).

Familiar (note - familiar only) with linux and WinXP - have spent longer on OpenVMS than on either of the previous, so not quite true old school, but not quite new either.

Got drawn here due to a malware issue and think I may hang around for a while.
I'm going to spend a while reading around the forums before posting much else though.

See you around,

R.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

Hi Rayvern, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The New User Orientation section is a good place to get familiarized with how the board works here.

Also, you may want to bookmark our Tutorials, as they offer a wide range of information and solutions.

Good luck with your HijackThis Log :thumbsup:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:18 AM

There is a wealth of information to be found here at BC, and, of course, many friendly and knowledgeable Members more than willing to answer questions or provide specific help.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Rayvern

Rayvern
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. *8-).

There is a heck of a lot to go through, but it is reassuring to see that at least some of the things I'm doing already are advised - now just have to assimilate all the rest.

Cheers,

R.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users