Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing Everything On 1st Page

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DJC 34

DJC 34

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

I have a HP Deskjet 1300 Printer networked through ip printing where I work. It prints fine when everyone prints one page. When we print anything with more than one page it only sends out on page and prints everything on it which looks like garble. You can see though that it prints the 2nd page right on top of the first. This printer is installed on a windows server 2003 through ip printing. It's then shared out to everyone. I have reinstalled the printer with the latest drivers on the HP site. It had worked fine up until a week ago. I was thinking of installing it locally on my laptop but I am thinking it's something hardware. I've replaced the toner cartridge since I had one there. There is no error on the printer when it prints also. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not the greatest when it comes to printer hardware. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

Try a direct installation to your laptop there may be a problem with the server software. ( Not sure about the server since its been A REALLY long time since I opened my text books)

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 DJC 34

DJC 34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:02 PM

I was gonna do that next actually cause HP only had one set of drivers for the windows 2003 server OS. I found the solution though and wanted to post it since it's weird. I went into printer properties then to the advanced tab then uncheck the box about using advanced printing options. Works.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

Glad you got it working, Thanks for posting the solution :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +