Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Files From Pc To Mac

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CommMajor101

CommMajor101

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm going to be getting a MacBook within the coming days (Yeah!) but I have so much stuff on my PC. What would be the best way to transfer my Microsoft 2003 documents (mostly just stuff in Word) to my new Mac? Thanks for all of your help, because I don't even know where to start!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Hello CommMajor101,

I would put the files on a CD or flash drive then transfer them across to the mac.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 CommMajor101

CommMajor101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

Right, but what about my microsoft files? do i need to individually upload and save them as apple files? How do I get my Microsoft files to open and work on a Mac computer, I guess is what I'm asking. Thanks for your help nigglesnush85

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

If the mac can't view or read the files you may have to install the application that you used in windows. You can run windows pretty well on mac using http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/
Regards,

Alan.

#5 CommMajor101

CommMajor101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

Even for Word files?

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:32 PM

I think that iwork can deal with word files.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 janny1978

janny1978

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:03 AM

Hi there, I too converted to Apple. I personally used a flash memory stick to transfer files. I did invest in the Microsoft Office package they do now, so I have no problems opening any Word files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users