2. I have the drive hooked to another laptop with USB to IDE cable. I also have a maxtor 200g external drive hooked into the laptop.
3. I want to copy the total hard drives contents to the USB external drive. Everything, all of it, data, remains of programs and corrupted OS. I have my reasons. So I want to do the retrieval from the backup.
4. I need a program to acess the data so I can recover it and place it back on my formatted OS reinstalled drive.
5. Everytime I try getdataback it locks up at the end of waiting 5 hours for it to read the data. I used data vulture and I can see the data but they want paided before I can save it. Fine I don't mind paying for a program that does what I want from above.
6. SO what program can copy my corrupted harddrive to my external drive and verify it and then allow me to pick through the bones because I'm worried I will miss something and want to explore the drive for all of it. But I need my laptop up and running.
7. I tried PC inspector but my photos all have gray halfway up the photo. It's like half the data is missing yet I know it's there because of the trialware.
Thank you !
Edited by mindnova, 15 July 2008 - 06:55 AM.