Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data Recovery And Copier Needed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mindnova

mindnova

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

1. I crashed windows Xp sp3 with AVG told it to fix warnings and blue screen was instantly displayed. My stupidity I know. Also had not backed up for 6 months and yes I know and preach backup to my friends.

2. I have the drive hooked to another laptop with USB to IDE cable. I also have a maxtor 200g external drive hooked into the laptop.

3. I want to copy the total hard drives contents to the USB external drive. Everything, all of it, data, remains of programs and corrupted OS. I have my reasons. So I want to do the retrieval from the backup.

4. I need a program to acess the data so I can recover it and place it back on my formatted OS reinstalled drive.

5. Everytime I try getdataback it locks up at the end of waiting 5 hours for it to read the data. I used data vulture and I can see the data but they want paided before I can save it. Fine I don't mind paying for a program that does what I want from above.

6. SO what program can copy my corrupted harddrive to my external drive and verify it and then allow me to pick through the bones because I'm worried I will miss something and want to explore the drive for all of it. But I need my laptop up and running.

7. I tried PC inspector but my photos all have gray halfway up the photo. It's like half the data is missing yet I know it's there because of the trialware.

Thank you !
Mindnova

Edited by mindnova, 15 July 2008 - 06:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users