Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Play Dvd's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 palamon

palamon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:16 AM

hello,

for a while now i can't play dvd's on my computer.

I have checked the dvd codecs, the hardware is ok, cdrom does see a cd.

Tried everything, dont know what to do anymore.

Help would be very appreciated

Palamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:49 AM

Hi palamon, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:

the hardware is ok, cdrom does see a cd

I assume this is a combo drive?
If it is, a hardware problem (defective drive) cannot be ruled out yet. It is possible for a defective drive to read a cd but not a dvd disk. When you insert a dvd disk, open my computer or windows explorer to see if the drive shows a disk inserted.
If it does, try this little player. There is no installer for it. You just run the .exe and the player will launch. With the dvd inserted, click the play arrow. Let us know what happens. Also post your version of windows and the player you normally use please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users