Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Error Screen Comes Up When I Try To Boot

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rayandi

rayandi

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:19 PM

I run windows xp. I was trying to download pictures on my computer from a disk that I made at a local drug store kodak kiosk when this started. I also found out a couple of days ago that a "friend" was surfing some really questionable sites. The computer was running fine until i put in this disk with pictures. I saved a few to the computer and then it blacked out and a blue screen came up with the following message. Also I tried turning it off and on a few times and it gets to the desktop and as soon as I try to go to the web or acess anything on the start menu, it goes right back to this blue page.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apperars again, follow these steps
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a drever is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacuter for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options, such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select Advanced start up otions, then select safe mode

Stop:0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x00000000,0xF96B57C0,0xF96B54BC)
Begining physical dump of memory
Phsical memory dump completed.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Edited by rayandi, 13 July 2008 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

Try running chkdsk.

Right click on the C drive in Explorer and go Properties > Tools > Check Now (under Error Checking). Check both boxes then click "Start Now". A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer. Restart the computer and Error Checking will run automatically after the restart. After itís finished it will restart into Windows automatically.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 rayandi

rayandi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the help, but i'm kinda lost. Exactly where do I click on c drive at, and most of the time the computer goes to this screen as soon as I try to do anything.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

You can click on the C drive in either Explorer or My Computer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 rayandi

rayandi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

I can't get anything to come up. As soon as I try to reboot from the blue screen I get the same screen back up again. I can't even get to my desktop anymore.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:07 PM

Can you get into Safe Mode?

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 rayandi

rayandi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

I did get on in safe mode, and did what you asked, when I restarted it again went straight back to the same blue screen with the same error reading.

Edited by rayandi, 13 July 2008 - 10:40 PM.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

Try running the System File Checker (SFC) in Safe Mode.

How to Use SFC.EXE to Repair System Files

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Axephilic

Axephilic

MRU Graduate

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:43 PM

Don't mean to invade on this. But this may help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

Edited by Axephilic, 13 July 2008 - 10:43 PM.

Proud to be a Graduate of Malware Removal University - I am a member of:
Posted Image Posted Image

If I helped you, please consider a donation: Posted Image

#10 rayandi

rayandi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

I did that and it did nothing. I hit enter and nothing happened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users