Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

We Have Noticed An Increasing Fraudulent Activity Recently

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TrishaJ

TrishaJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

Ive searched and found a few other victoms but no one knows what the heck this is.

I logged into paypal and the site clicks four times (re-directing me I think) and takes me to a page that says the following:

Attention !!! Secure form

We have noticed an increasing fraudulent activity recently. In order to provide your security and protect you from fraudsters we have introduced a new system of identification that will help us to avoid any kind of fraud or unauthorised access.

Please enter as more information as possible to provide your complete identification and to activate all the features of the new system.

First Name:
Last Name:

Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy): / /
Social Security Number: - -
Mother's Maiden Name (for security):

Card Number:
Card Expiration Date (mm/yyyy): -

Card CVV2:
ATM PIN:

Primary checking account number:
Routing number:

Security Question 1: --Choose a Question-- Mother's maiden name Last 4 characters of driver's license Last 4 digits of social security number City of birth
Answer 1:

Security Question : --Choose Another Question-- Mother's maiden name Last 4 characters of driver's license Last 4 digits of social security number City of birth
Answer 2:

About | Accounts | Fees | Privacy | Security Center | Contact Us | User Agreement | Developers | Jobs | Buyer Credit | Referrals | Shops | Mass Pay

PayPal, an eBay company

Copyright 1999-2005 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Information about FDIC pass-through insurance

Now of course I know not to submit this! I called Paypal and asked if they knew what it was and he had no clue. The URL is identical to the URL when I log into another computer that takes me right to my pp account.

I have avg and run spysweeper, ad-aware, spybot often (I have a teenager.. need I say more?). Spysweeper did find the following which was removed but I still have the problem with my pp account:

Profile - Trojan-Phisher-Sinowal
Name Trojan-Phisher-Sinowal
Unique Code R7XUWU52
Type Trojan Phisher
Severity Critical

It stopped a websearch toolbar and rogue security products (not sure what that is, they were temp files and deleted).

After all that though, like I said I still have the paypal thing happening.

If I reformat the computer will that help? Before I do that, I need to somehow save/move my email to the computer upstairs but it has outlook 2003 and this one has 2000 ... thats another post I think lol!

Thanks if anyone can offer any help at all. Ive been working on this for days not. Oh, I tried to restore the computer to a previous date but it only offered the day this happened as the latest one to restore to.

Trisha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Run a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Normal Mode (Instructions).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users