Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Mouse, Video, And Music Lagging Or Skipping

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 leeps

leeps

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Title says it all. I haven't installed or done anything different. The mouse lags, video and audio skips every second. It's constant, like literally every second. Never more, never less. It's not random skipping. I have had this laptop for 3 years. It works perfectly. This isn't RAM related. I have a gig of RAM and like I said it ran perfect before...any help on what is causing this would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leeps

leeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

And also, I just did a complete reinstall of windows. So it's not a virus, etc..

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:40 PM

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors that might shed some light on your problem.

To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Check in all the categories.

If you find an error right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here.

How To Use the Event Viewer
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 leeps

leeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:51 PM

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.0.3705.6018
Event Category: (1)
Event ID: 1031
Date: 7/13/2008
Time: 4:59:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: LEEP-E871BB504B
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 1031 ) in Source ( ASP.NET 1.0.3705.6018 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 0x80040154.
--------------

That was the only error present.... In addition, I installed a factory warranty hard drive about 6 months ago.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:14 PM

I doubt that error is related to your problem. Is anything hogging your CPU in the Task Manager?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 leeps

leeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

nope. Cpu usually under 20 percent and i have 550000 physical memory available. I think something is going bad, maybe my hard drive. Would that cause it?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

A hard drive diagnostic test (usually available for free from the manufacturer of your hard drive) will let you know if the drive is failing. It'll give you several options - select the "full", "complete" or "long" test.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 leeps

leeps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

Ok something else now..When the computer is on for a considerable amount of time, i notice the actual time clock in the system tray gets behind. Was about 10 minutes behind after running all night...when you restart it's the right time again but it slowly lags again. What in the heck is going on?

#9 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

It seems likely to me that your clock losing time is related to your computer lagging.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to run the hard-drive diagnostic test.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users