Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joesmith98

joesmith98

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hello!

Let me get straight to the point. I want to upgrade my computer to be able to run games like Call of Duty 4 and Crysis on my computer. I would prefer to run those games on low to medium graphics at least, while keeping good performance.

My System Specs:
OS = Vista
Processor = AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.07ghz
RAM = 1.5 GB RAM
Graphics = ATI X1050 (AGP X8 slot-256MB)
C-Media PCI sound card = CMI8768
Monitor = ViewSonic VA902b
Motherboard = I cant find where to look for this...
HDD = 80 GB is where XP is installed---232 GB is where Vista is installed

and if it helps anymore. Vista says I have a 3.5 experience. It was like pulling teeth to get Vista running. I still have slow moments on it though....

Basically, what would be a good system to run those games on Vista, in if not HD, almost HD, while keeping the price kinda low.

Thanks,
Joe

Edited by garmanma, 13 July 2008 - 08:19 PM.
moved to appropiate forum-mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

This thread should go into the System Upgrade section of the forum. That said, upgrading a PC can be easy but the costs can quickly add up. With Crysis, many configurations run it just fine albeit slow. I've seen $10,000 rigs choke on it. If you are using a computer with an AGP slot on it, it is an older PC and many newer graphics cards are PCI express only. Your processor is the equivalent to a Pentium 4 which would cause it to bottleneck very easily. Also, the RAM should be at least 2GB with Vista if you're planning on doing some serious gaming. Since you don't know your motherboard, use SIW to find out, it would be difficult to suggest a course of action. However, if the PC is as old as I think it is, you may be better off with a new PC. What is your price point with upgrading or purchasing a PC? BTW welcome to the forums!!!

Edited by DJBPace07, 13 July 2008 - 07:14 PM.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users