Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is driving me crazy !

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Xonnie316

Xonnie316

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

Hi there,

Well the past few weeks I been using this copied windows xp from a friend of mine, and its the 2002 early version I think, and I installed it and keeps giving me problems,

And just so you know a month ago I upgraded my computer and gotten a amd motherboard and processor, amd athlon xp 2700,

Now before I had a computer with sd ram, and had to change to ddr ram,

Now I did that and everything,

Now what I found weird is that lots of times my computer each time I want to load a program it either stucks and ends up not responding,

Or sometimes I double click an icon and bamm restarts,

Sometimes it shows the blue screen,

Now I don't know if it is my windows xp cd, and I might need to get the latest sp2,

Or that maybe my graphics card ain't working right with my new motherboard,

My graphics card is the nVidia tnt 32 mbs one, but it says on the graphics card that its sd ram,

Can you please help me out,

Coz my computer been going crazy, I keep formatting every few days, and the programs jam lotta times,

Oh yes and I have 256 mbs ddr ram on the motherboard,

Hope somebody helps me out,

Xonnie316

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 14 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

First off you shoudl definitely get sp 2, but probably wont be able to with an unlicensed copy of windows xp. My best advice to you is to try to download and get all the latest drivers for your hardware and see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users