Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sohousb Floppy Drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

I've recently put a SOHOUSB floppy disk drive into my PC to have a floppy disk drive only I can't get the drive to recognize anything that I put in it.

I'm using Vista Ultimate OS and when I've tried installing the drives for it off the instillation CD to see if it needs a re-instillation of the drives it says first remove the old drives.

Well, I don't remember this instillation CD being excepted in the first place back when. The instillation CD doesn't have drivers on it for Vista in the first place. In fact it talks about drivers for XP but I find it only goes up to Windows ME for drivers.

I can't even find a home site for the manufacturer of this product, no SOHOUSB site other then one of those try to take you money fake sites.

I've done a search for SOHOUSB drivers and again all the response seems to be around XP and not Vista.

Anyone, have an idea what to do here?

John :thumbsup:
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

Contact the vendor...read all documentation that came with drive when looking for contact/support information.

SOHOUSB or any variation...seems merely to be a buzzword, not related to any specific manufacturer or vendor.

Louis

#3 Wanton

Wanton

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

I know this is old but just for the record and anyone else having
trouble finding drivers for SOHOUSB products, the manufacturers site
is here http://www.heisei.com.tw/

The company is Heisei Electronics Co., Ltd.

Product list: http://www.heisei.com.tw/products/

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

USB Floppy drives do not need a driver disk for windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7

For those operating systems Windows supplies the driver.

If the drive isn't reading a disc

1. It could be a defective drive
2. It could be a bad disc. Floppy discs wear out and go bad, even just sitting if they are poor quality. Test the disc(s) in a different drive.
3. The USB port could be not supplying enough power to operate the drive. Try the drive on a different computer to test.

You will need to do a process of elimination.

SOHOUSB most likely means
"Small Office Home Office USB"

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 10 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users