Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram For Paintshop Prox2 And Ulead Videaostudio 11.5+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

OS Win XP service pack 2 Laptop Acer Aspire 3000 1.60Ghtz AMD processor 192 Installed memory slot 1 Dimm1 empty slot 2 Dimm 2 has 256 MB - capacity 1GB EXternal Hard Drives: Seagate + Maxtor =600 GB

Hello Folks,

I'm in a bit of a fix. Having recently bought a JVC camcorder, and software to edit it on - i'm not convinced that even if i upgrade my RAM to 1GB ( which i believe is the max for this laptop), that i will be able to load and run the software to edit my camcorder HDD footage, and also digital photos from my Canon Ixus 75.

Will both the photo and video software run effectively to allow me to edit photo and video footage? Or should i invest in a lower end laptop with a dual core processor with 3 GB Ram with Vista installed. There's no point me upgrading the Ram if the software is simply too slow. Could you kindfolks out there offer any useful advice?

I forget to add - System requirements: Paint shop Pro Photo X2: 500MB Ram (768 recommended) Ulead VS 11.5+: 512mb Ram (1 GB or above recommended)

What are people's Views of this software?

Thanks a million,

Jazzymazzy.

Edited by jazzymazzy, 13 July 2008 - 11:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

Photo and video editing are resource intensive applications, which with your current computer even with the RAM maxed out may still be slow by comparison to a new computer with the much faster CPU and RAM.

Your computer has two expansion slot with a maximum of 1GB of RAM per slot with PC2700. For good modules like Crucial you will be looking at about $120.00 to max it out.

You will be a lot happier and have made the better choice by investing in a new computer. The difference in performance will be very obvious.

Edited by dc3, 13 July 2008 - 12:18 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait to see if anyone else offers any further advice, and then ask the moderators to close the post.

Thanks again,

Jazzymazzy.

#4 jazzymazzy

jazzymazzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

It's interesting that of 81 views only 1 person has had the courtesy to reply. That's a shame. However, could i ask the moderators to close this thread as i don't anticipate any more feedback.

Regards,

Jazzymazzy.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

The members here are very opinionated and have no problem expressing their views, so I have to wonder if perhaps my suggestion was in keeping with the general consensus of what others had been thinking as well.

If my suggestion wasn't what you were hoping for, you should have asked for other options that you had in mind.

I will see if I can get a Moderator to close this for you.

dc3

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users