Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus 2008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

Hi everyone!
Just a quick reply to say thanks to everyone who post here. I has Antivirus 2008 insatall on one of my PCs so I knew what to do and came straight here for help. A quick search found the solution and all was fixed.
So thanks again and keep up the good work.
MCP
MSDST

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

Thanks for the kind words and you're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Now you should Create a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since this is a protected directory your tools cannot access to delete these files, they sometimes can reinfect your system if you accidentally use an old restore point. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state. Then use Disk Cleanup to remove all but the most recently created Restore Point.

Vista Users can refer to these links: Create a New Restore Point and Disk Cleanup.

Tips to protect yourself against malware and reduce the potential for re-infection, be sure to read:
• "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe".
• "How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!".
• "Best Practices - Internet Safety for 2008".
• "Hardening Windows Security - Part 1 & Part 2".
• "IE Recommended Minimal Security Settings" - "How to Secure Your Web Browser".

• Avoid online gaming sites and peer-to-peer (P2P) or file sharing programs as they are a security risk which can make your system susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans target and spread across P2P files sharing networks and gaming sites. In some instances the infection may cause so much damage to your system that recovery is not possible and the only option is to wipe your drive, reformat and reinstall the OS. The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid gaming sites and not use any P2P applications. Read P2P Software User Advisories and Risks of File-Sharing Technology.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users