Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Organiser 1.14, Please Advise!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mesmerized

Mesmerized

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

Hello everyone,

I've been searching for a file organizer that would help me sort my files out in the way Picasa2 does with photos. I found this software on softpedia. Its description matches what I've been looking for especially the copy/ paste and swap functions. However, I am reluctant to download it for the simple reason that I've never heard about its developer neither found information about him on the net. Does anyone have information about this? Or can anyone recommend a more reliable file manager/ organiser?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Name of the software I found on softpedia is File Organiser 1.14; http://www.softpedia.com/get/File-managers...Organiser.shtml
Name of developer: Thomas Wosley (!!!!).

Edited by Mesmerized, 13 July 2008 - 06:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 05:30 AM

Lots of great software is developed by individuals as opposed to multi million dollar corporations. Softpedia is a well known software distributor.

#3 Mesmerized

Mesmerized
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:58 AM

Well, don't you think that it's more likely for someone to encounter a badware in a software developed by individuals than in material developed by famous companies?

I always check the reputation of the developer before downloading a new software, that's why I asked my question in post #1. Thanks anyway for your answer :thumbsup:.

Edited by Mesmerized, 13 July 2008 - 07:01 AM.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

As well you should. In this case, one can note that the application is available from several more or less reputable sources, despite it being written by a dead English cardinal. I suppose it is safe to download, but I myself would try to find a different application at Download.com where each file is checked before being allowed.
You could, of course, download the file, check it with your AV and AS applications, and then install it.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Mesmerized

Mesmerized
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:26 AM

Actually my two AS don't support the "customize research" option, since they are freewares unlike my AV. In other words, they are good for scanning and cleaning the computer for spyware/ adware once it's infected not before. So I'd rather pass this download because I don't feel comfortable about it.

Thanks for your advice,

Take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users