Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player Blows Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lightseekertexas

lightseekertexas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:44 AM

Hello, everyone.

I recently started using the online ebook service of my library. But the first book I downloaded cases windows media player to simply blow up. I have the latest version of the media player and there is no error message just coded technobabble as an explanation.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

Hi, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

I've just had a look at some of the stuff I have in my EBooks folder. Some open with the normal Windows Explorer and some with a PDF reader such as Adobe or Foxit Reader. Did you  double click on the file to open it, or specifically choose WMP?

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 lightseekertexas

lightseekertexas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for your reply. :thumbsup:

I actually tried it both ways. I have tried double clicking the wpa file and I have opend WM and found the file through it. I makes no difference, it simply blows up. I am in the process of downloading another ebook and will test if that also causes the problem. If not, I guess I simply have a faulty downloaded file. I suspect that this is not the case though.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:52 PM

I would be inclined to check out the Library site. If you are having a problem, then no doubt others have as well so they should have instructions or a list of FAQ's. Or just give them a ring.

Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users