Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie Antivirus Pop-ups!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mango2

mango2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hey everyone,
I keep on getting pop ups saying I should install IEAntivirus, when I click NO, a browser window opens up and takes me to a site called free-virus scan where another pop-up comes up for the IE antivirus :flowers: I haven't even installed the program so I don't know how I can just get rid of/remove the pop-ups. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I'm on windows XP home.

side note: I'm not experienced with the techie stuff involved with computers. For instance, I wouldn't know how to use those programs where you edit your computer through typing words, etc. :thumbsup: Is it possible to fix this without having to go through all of this?

Thanks in advance

Edited by mango2, 13 July 2008 - 01:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skuller

Skuller

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:41 AM

Hi,
it seems you have got a virus an the only thing you haven't tp dp is to answer YES to this prompt.
Scan with your antivirus (you can find, if you haven't one installed on your computer, a free trial version on internet, i.e. www.aset.com) your computer and look to the result. It should suggest you to remove spyware and other virus.
I hope this can help you. Bye

PS You can also have alook on the home page at "Using Ad-Aware 6 SE to remove Spyware & Hijackers from Your Computer".

Edited by Skuller, 13 July 2008 - 01:44 AM.

#3 mango2

mango2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:53 AM

Hey Skuller,
thanks for the reply. I have tried to scan with AVG (AVG that's another story as well - I had just downloaded it 2 days ago and it won't update) and unfortunately it didn't pick up or show anything called IEAntivirus, but it did pick up a few other threats and removed them. I will try adAware, thanks!

Edited by mango2, 13 July 2008 - 01:56 AM.

#4 Skuller

Skuller

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

Try the one i suggest you, it is light for the machine but require that you remove anyother antivirus already present.

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:57 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...st&p=876163

MBAM is my favorite tool to start removing malware
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users