Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Service Network Location Awarness Error 1079

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skuller

Skuller

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:23 AM

Hi,
this is my first post, i just arrived and therefore i would like to say HALLO to everybdy here !!

My problem> i got the following problem on my laptop HP 6720s under Vista Home basic edition (i have also installed the service pack 1).
I cannot connect to any netwrok (wireless or wired) because some services are not running and after investigation i realize that the problem starts on the service in subject. When i try to start it manuallu i get the error "1079: the account specified for this service is different by the account for other services running in the same process". Well, here my competences end. I do not know how to find the PROCESS related to this services, i went through the dependencies but this is no helping me.
Somebody can give me an hint ?

Thanks a lot

PS This service has Local Service as log on; if i try to run it as local system account i get anyway the same error.

Edited by Skuller, 13 July 2008 - 01:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

On my system this service runs under the Network Service credentials - so running with any sort of Local credentials probably won't work.
Use the Logon tab for the service and specify "Network Service" (without the quotes) as the account that it should run under.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Skuller

Skuller
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

Thanks Usasma,
i have tried before with all the 5 user i have defined on my laptop but the situation doesn't change....the error remain the same.

Moreover, it ran till few days ago; i had a wireless connection in an airport and till i shutdown it in sleep mode it was fine. Only when i restored after my flight i got this error and at the beginning it was also coming with an error on firewall ("two or more firewall running...") therefore, after several test, i installed the Norton antivirus (i had a copy but i never used because i really do not like it) because not on HP laptop the security services sometimes requires this type of antivirus. Than, the problem on firewall disappeared. Any other suggestion ?

Thanks anyway....

Edited by Skuller, 13 July 2008 - 12:31 PM.

#4 Rulistic

Rulistic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

On my system this service runs under the Network Service credentials - so running with any sort of Local credentials probably won't work.
Use the Logon tab for the service and specify "Network Service" (without the quotes) as the account that it should run under.

Thank you....been fighting with this for hours. All the windows 7 fourms I seen said local not network service. tried what you said and fixed all my problems. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users