Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red Boxes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Macadie

Macadie

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

When I go to different sites, such as iWin Games, the pictures and/or advertisements display as a full red box. I have tried a system restore, complete virus check (I have Aliant Internet Security Services), updated programs such as Internet Explorer, removed programs (games, Microsoft Office) I thought might have caused the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 09:13 AM

Welcome to BC
Which browser are you using?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

From a PM

I had Internet Explorer 6 as my browser, but in Facebook it told me Facebook would work better if I updated to Internet Explorer 7. I did that, however my computer is now working really, really slow and takes about 5 minuts to connect to any site. I have high speed internet from Aliant, and I still get the red boxes instead of a picture on most sites.

If this is the only thing that you have added to your computer since the problem started, I would remove IE7, in Add/Remove Programs. If things return to normal we can take it from there
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#4 Macadie

Macadie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

I deleted IE7 and my computer is now connecting faster. Thanks. However, I still get some red boxes instead of pictures at web sites.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hi Macadie,

There are a few possible reasons why this is happening.
Try doing some troubleshooting using this Micro$oft article: Red X.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Nice link
Thanks TMack
Mark
Posted Image

#7 Macadie

Macadie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the help. I went to the link and did the ones I understood. However, I still get the red boxes, especially at iWin Games.

#8 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:26 PM

This could be caused by the Bell Aliant Security Suite you are currently using.

Have a close look at the Ad blocker or Pop Up blocker program within the security suite and turn it off.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users