Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zlob.dnschanger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dux084

dux084

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:13 PM

Does anyone know of a firewall or antivirus/antispyware program that will prevent this from appearing on my computer.

I was originally infected last week and decided that I would format my computer and install a fresh copy of Vista. As soon as I connected to the internet this virus was back on my computer. I tried another clean install today and kept the computer disconected from the internet during the instalation process. I ran Spybot and it came back clean so the virus was gone. I then installed AVG Free antivirus and Outpost firewall before I reconected to the internet.

As soon as I was conected the virus returned. I dont know how it returns (either through my home network or from the internet) but I really need a program that will prevent it.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Edited by Orange Blossom, 12 July 2008 - 08:40 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Google indicates there is a new variant of that zlob that infects your router, it programs your router to alter your dns servers

If you reset your router it will clear the infection from it, an infected computer will reinfect the router tho.

You need to reset your router and then log onto it with a clean computer and set a strong login and password so the malware cannot reprogram the router, this may even require that the router be disconnected from the wan.

This is only a semi-educated guess as to your problem

Please let us know how you fare
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:15 PM

I posted last month about this malware here.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users