Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"no Signal" Message At Irreular Intervals Of Time.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erkend

Erkend

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

Greetings.

Im working on a AMD Athlon™ XP 1700+ 1.47GHz, 256 MB RAM with Windows XP Home dition.
The computer is about six years old (the computer is not mine; I ignore if the guarantee is still runing).

Since a week I have seen an od message sometimes when I turn the pc on.
The message, which remains on the screen for about one or two minutes, appears only when the pc has been of for long periods of time (several hours).
It appears before any Bios sound, the lights on the CPU are a irregular, I cant oppen the CD drive as long the message is there and after its gone everthing works normaly (inclouding date and time)

Click here to see the message as it appears on my screen.

Please, could somebody tell me what the problem is and what can I do in order to fix it?

I would realy apreciate your help.

Edited by Erkend, 12 July 2008 - 12:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

That message appears when the signal from the video card...is not reaching the system/monitor...for whatever reason.

I cannot tell you why it appears on a system that has been in use for so long...unless I suggest that the system components may be breaking down/wearing out.

If you do a Google search for "no signal on monitor", you will see that there are varied reasons/situations where this happens.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#3 Erkend

Erkend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thanks.

Ill search for it.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:09 PM

Does the image go away eventually and the computer boot normally?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Erkend

Erkend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

yes the image goes away and I booth the computer normaly. but that takes about 2 or 3 min.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users