Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FireFox Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yogibear2005

yogibear2005

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Hi All,
Yesterday Firefox seemingly died. It wouldn't recognize Google or Yahoo or anything. I ran Ad ware and Spy Bot and found some gremlins but the situation was the same. This morning I noticed that the McAfee site was downloading an update. When I rebooted everything came back to normal. I could get on the internet then I noticed that there is a test for Firefox security problems. I did this test and what does it prove. Am I suppose to download a patch or wait for a new release?

I need help with this. Any info is appreciated.

Yogi :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:38 PM

There is no patch; however there should be a new release of FF as soon as this weekend that will patch the security problems. You will need to download the new FF version, uninstall the old one, and then install the new release (your settings will, however, not be lost). Watch the news here at BC to find out when the new release is available.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users