Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

.poc Files

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 markgui

markgui

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

I noticed i have a lot of .poc files which I am unable to view. I googled it and it says its related to poco mail.
Is there any way I can find out how to open them or how they got there in the first place?
Thank you for your attention.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hello markgui,

The files could be important files for the software and disturbing them may cause the software to not run correctly. Usually you can right click on the file and choose a program from the open with list.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

I tried that already and nothing I select will allow me to open the files. I didn't download anything like it, so I am a little confused as to why it is there.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

If you don't have the mail software client installed, then the files are most likely just leftovers. Try opening them with wordpad to see if they contain anything. Also what size are these files?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:52 AM

The files vary in size from 43kb to about 400 kb. I tried opening them with notepad but it was just a bunch of weird symbols.

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:24 AM

I would guess that they are the remains of a previous inbox. Did anyone else have this computer before you?
Regards,

Alan.

#7 markgui

markgui
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:52 AM

No, I am the only one to have ever owned this computer. I am assuming that .poc files are only used for pocomail? I googled and went to a few file extension sites and they all listed as a pocomail extension. They seem to all be located in an office12 folder though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users